Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SLACKER!!!!

Okay, so I've ran about as many miles since the half marathon as I did during the half marathon!  I am such a post-race slacker!  I even signed up for the Fat Ass 5K on May 14th to keep me motivated to keep moving.  I was hoping to train for a new 5K PR for that race, but my stellar weekly mileage in the past five weeks is probably not going to allow that to happen.  Whatever.  Paid my money, I'll run as best as I can, and get a new t-shirt.

If you've never heard of the Fat Ass 5K, it is something to behold.  The aid stations include beer, corn dogs, ice cream and donuts.  Quite a spectacle.  You may also take the detour which goes straight into a local bar.  Some people run it just for fun, but obviously there are still people who run it win.  It should be a fun first 5K of the race season.  I'll save my PR for later in the year.

I have had troubles getting my butt out the door to run.  The weather has been rainy.  I've had a lot going on.  Busy with work.  Busy with home.  Would you like to hear all of my excuses, or are those enough?  I know.  No excuses.  My weekly mileage hasn't exceeded three miles for five weeks.  Disgraceful.

Yesterday, I had no excuses.  The weather was nice.  There was no reason to not run.  I laced up headed out the door and ran.  At first, I thought another three miler.  However, I was feeling great at 1.5, so I decided to do four.  It was a good run.  I was maintaining a good "easy run" training pace.  After the four miles, I felt amazing. 

This is probably just what I needed to get back on track.  Get moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment