Thursday, August 23, 2012

Neglected!! And a marathon??

My blog has been so neglected and I feel bad about it.  I know that I love going back reading and reliving experiences I've had along this running journey.  I even enjoy writing them.  It just seem like I can't find time for a lot of things anymore.  So, what's going on with me. 

(1)  I've run about five races that I need to catch up and write about. 

(2)  I got 2nd in my age group in two of them!  Crazy!

(3)  I signed up for the Chicago Marathon!! 

Yep, that's right.  I'm going to try a full marathon!

Okay, so between my day job, my three part time jobs (Realtor, photographer and director of a non-profit organization), and my other full time jobs of wife and mother, I decided to throw training for a marathon in there--after I was done training for the triathlon. 

No wonder I don't have a minute of my day unscheduled.  Without my Google calendar, I wouldn't know if I was coming or going.  I'll slow down in a little while, but for now, I'm going to get this done.  No, I don't fit everything in.  Yes, my home is in total disarray.  But I'm good right now.  Just get to and through to October 7th without injuring myself or losing my daughter by leaving her somewhere, and I'll call it a success!

My goals for Chicago are unclear at this point.  I might jump in on the 4:10 pace group.  While I'd love to break the four hour mark, I don't want to kill myself to do it.  I want to enjoy the experience.  I'll let you know how that works out for me pretty soon.  It's in six and a half weeks, and coming at me at full steam.  I've still never ran more than 13.1.  This weekend's long run should get me over that for the first time ever. 

Wish me luck folks!  I'm gonna need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment