Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Beautiful morning "run-rises"

I've been pretty faithful about my morning runs.  It's hard to believe I've been running regularly for a little over a year now.  This time last year, I was hating 50% or more of my runs.  I hadn't quite figured it all out yet.  What a huge difference a year can make! 

My Facebook status from one year ago:  "I ran 2.89 mi on Sep. 13, time: 00:28:59. Getting there...slowly. Need to increase the mileage. Those hillls kick my butt though!" (10:02 pace).  Pace on this morning's four mile run, 8:55/mile.  I'd say that's a decent improvement! 

If you are not running now, take the first step and you will be able to see how far you've come in a year as well. It's very rewarding.  One of the other rewards of getting up early to run is the sunrises (a/k/a "run-rises") that I get to see.  It may be hard to get my butt out of bed each morning, but I always enjoy the morning view!

Just look at what you are missing:

September 1, 2011










September 8, 2011












September 13, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment